An Experienced Louisville, Kentucky, Motorcycle Accident LawyerEvery year, approximately 5,000 Americans die in motorcycle accidents. In 2006, 100 people died in Kentucky alone in motorcycle crashes—and this number is rising every year. If you or a loved on has been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Louisville personal injury lawyer Seth Gladstein to learn about your rights.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in KentuckyThe most prevalent causes of motorcycle crashes include:
- Inattentive car, truck, and SUV drivers who do not take notice of motorcycle riders;
- Failing to giving motorcycles a full lane of traffic in which to ride;
- Other drivers failing to yield the right of way to motorcyclists;
- Other drivers failing to look in their blind spot, so as to be aware of a motorcycle’s presence; and
- Drivers of motorcycles or other vehicles failing to obey traffic laws.
Common Injuries Resulting from Kentucky Motorcycle AccidentsSome of the most common injuries resulting from motorcycle crashes include:
The vast majority of people killed in motorcycle accidents were not wearing helmets when the collision occurred. Many states do not require motorcycle riders to wear helmets. For example, under Kentucky law, only drivers who have had a motorcycle license for less than one year, and motorcycle riders under age 21, are required to wear helmets.