Louisville, Kentucky Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Kentucky Personal Injury AttorneyEvery year, approximately 5,000 Americans die in motorcycle accidents. In 2006, approximately 100 people died in Kentucky motorcycle crashes. Unfortunately, the number of people who are injured or die in motorcycle accidents rises every year. If you or a loved on has been injured in a Kentucky motorcycle accident, contact Louisville personal injury lawyer, Seth Gladstein, to learn about your rights.
Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in KentuckyThe vast majority of people who are killed in motorcycle accidents are not wearing helmets when the collision occurs. Many states do not require motorcycle rider to wear helmets. For example, under Kentucky law, only drivers who have had a motorcycle license for less than one year, and motorcycle riders under age 21, are required to wear helmets. Other reasons why Kentucky motorcycle crashes occur include:
- Inattentive car, truck, and SUV drivers who do not take notice of motorcycle riders;
- Failing to giving motorcycles a full lane of traffic in which to ride;
- Car, truck, and SUV drivers failing to yield the right of way to motorcyclists;
- Other drivers failing to look in their blind spot, so as to be aware of a motorcycle’s presence; and
- Failing to obey traffic laws.
Common Injuries Resulting from Kentucky Motorcycle AccidentsSome of the most common injuries resulting from motorcycle crashes include: