Radiology Malpractice in Kentucky
Louisville, KY Medical Malpractice LawyerRadiologists are physicians who diagnose and treat medical conditions by using various types of imaging studies. Those studies include x-rays, ultrasounds, computer tomography (CT scans), and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI’s).
In America, more than 30,000 radiologists are currently in practice. Radiologists may assist other physicians by ordering and interpreting imaging studies to diagnose medical conditions. In other words, they help diagnose medical conditions that are not readily apparent to the naked eye. Additionally, some radiologists have additional training, and can perform certain procedures, including minimally-invasive guided surgical procedures. These people are known as interventional radiologists.
Common Radiology Mistakes and ErrorsSome of the most errors and mistakes radiologists make include:
- Failing to diagnose a fracture or other orthopedic problem (LINK to orthopedic malpractice page);
- Failing to diagnose cancer;
- Failing to diagnose tumors;
- Interpreting an abnormal study as normal;
- Interpreting a normal study as abnormal;